On the 20th January the HUBLinked Project was officially launched with a University-Industry Interactions for Software Innovation seminar at DIT Aungier Street.
The seminar included presentations on
- effective models for university-industry interactions – Ciaran O’Leary (DIT)
- participatory design for product innovation – Pearl O’Rourke (DIT)
- the perspectives of both SMEs and major multinationals on U-I Interactions – Alan Fahey (SAP)
- the Global Classroom – a unique curriculum innovation – Dr Paul Doyle (DIT)
- mapping key relationships in cluster eco-systems for policy development – Dr John Hobbs (CIT)
- University SME Interactions – Margaret Mulligan (EBN)
- European funding opportunities in the Digital Skills area – Gianluca Coppola – (DLearn)
Dr. Deirdre Lillis – HubLinked Launch
Dr Deirdre Lillis Head of Computing at Dublin Institute of Technology launching the HUBLinked Project.
Dr. Paul Doyle – The ‘Global Classroom’ Module
Dr Paul Doyle of DIT School of Computing talk’s about the experience of developing DITSoC’s new ‘Global Classroom’ module. The semester-long Global Classroom module is delivered online across numerous timezones, countries and cultures. The module aims to mimic real world experiences and work practices in the global ICT industry.
Dr Pearl O’Rourke – Participatory Design for Product Innovation
Dr Pearl O’Rourke a lecturer from DIT speaking about the concept of ‘Participatory Design’ at the launch of the HUBLinked Project.
Margaret Mulligan – SME Interaction, Is there a role for intermediaries?
Margaret Mulligan of the European Business Network (EBN) speaking about the role of SME’s in University-Industry Interactions. Margaret’s work focuses on accelerating the international growth of Europe’s high potential start-ups. She has been coordinating the ACE and ACE Creative acceleration programmes which have supported over 200 highly innovative European SMEs to rapidly scale into new markets.
Dr John Hobbs – Analysing the Relational Ecosystems of ICT Clusters Across Europe
Dr John Hobbs from Cork Institute of Technology talking about his research on ICT Cluster analysis and development. Dr Hobb’s gave the speech at the HUBLinked Launch on January 20th 2017.
Gianluca Coppola – European Digital Learning Network
Gianluca Coppola of the European Digital Learning Network (dlearn) giving a talk at HUBLinked on how to successfully obtain funding for EU Research Projects
HUBLinked Knowledge Alliance 2017.